To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure this article is a bad thing. I was under the impression they could hack my network from wherever they are in Utah. Frankly, this is GREAT news. I’m kidding. The video is a terrifying look at what our government is capable of. It’s an hour long, but streamed it to my Apple TV. Wow Our government takes shady to new levels. As if the following stories don’t already suggest how shady our government is:
- Obama’s NSA Review Board Member: “We Need More Spying.”
- NSA Reportedly Intercepting Laptops Purchased Online To Install Spy Malware
- NSA Can Easily Find Individuals Hidden In Metadata
- NSA Official Says First Amendment Should Be “Reformed”
- Authorities Can Secretly Turn on Laptop Cameras Without the Indicator Light
- NSA: “Nothing is Beyond our Reach!”
- Why Does DHS Have Facial Recognition Cameras Set Up At a Hockey Game?
- NSA Spying on Virtually ALL Financial Transactions!
- Beware! Your Smart TV Might Be Watching You
- NSA Bugged UN Headquarters
- Apple iPhone 5s: BIG BROTHER’S DREAM!
- Big Brother Alert: Cameras In the Cable Box to Monitor TV Viewers
- Court Rules Cops Don’t Need Warrant to Track Cell Phones
- MIT: Future Smartphones Will ‘Listen to Everything All the Time’
- NSA Surveillance Said To Be Broader Than Initially Believed
- NSA Circumvents Encryption In Websites & Internet Messaging
- NSA Project XKeyscore Collects Nearly Everything You Do On The Internet
- NSA Spokesman Admits that the Government Is Spying On All Americans
- NSA Analysts ‘Willfully’ Skirted Policy to Spy on Americans, Agency Admits
You don’t REALLY think any silly court ruling is going to slow Obama do you? We’ve already heard about Obama’s “secret database” from Maxine Waters, so I assure you spying will resume no matter what any judge says. Hell, we already know the NSA can listen in on your conversations while your phone is OFF provided the battery is still in, and even Facebook has joined the crowd now. If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your phone, you gave Facebook permission to record you at will, whether you are on the phone or not. We are living in very dangerous times, and people should take heed.
You think our government just spent God only knows how many millions or billions on our new Stealth Drones, and they don’t plan to use them on US? PLEASE! Right now, they are even testing new domestic drones over six states. Is your state one of the “lucky winners?” You think the NSA was intercepting computers on their way to stores for Christmas sales to instal spyware was just a prank?
This week began with a massive report detailing the NSA’s extensive spy operations in the United States, but the revelations didn’t end there. Jacob Applebaum, co-author of the original Der Spiegel report, took the stage at the 30th annual Chaos Communication Congress to discuss the specifics of the operations even further, including the existence of a device called “NIGHTSTAND,” which has the ability to infect a wireless network “from as far as eight miles under ideal circumstances.” Use of the device is employed by the NSA when a wired connection cannot be established. The leaked document also states that an attack by the device “is undetectable by the user.”
Applebaum says that he has heard of instances where the NSA has attached the hardware to drones in order to exploit the personal electronics of large groups of people. There are no documents to directly back up this terrifying claim, but considering the purported reach of the device, the potential for such an endeavor is hardly inconceivable. If drones seem a little drastic, Applebaum admits that NSA agents could simply park outside your house to gather the information they want.
The full video of Applebaum’s talk can be seen below, and discussion regarding NIGHTSTAND starts at 16:00.
[Audio/Video below cannot be seen in Newsletter – have to go to Blog]