I am certainly no expert on missing aircraft, but my bullsh** meter is spiking at this point with regard to the missing 777 aircraft. Like many in the media, I get the sense something is rotten, and I don’t mean the type of rotten associated with sadness for a crashed airplane. Today, we learned the flight recorder boxes were turned off at different times (making a sudden tragic event EVEN LESS likely than experts were already suggesting), and we also learned the plane might have flown as long as 4-5 hours after the transponders stopped broadcasting a signal.

Early in the evening, I heard the United States was re-routing a Destroyer Ship to the Indian Ocean based on specific information that had become available to us. The newscaster who reported that said her source advised her that there was a very high probability the U.S. had some type of credible tip suggesting the plane was not in the ocean, but perhaps had landed after all. The rationale for that statement was that the U.S. would not re-route a Destroyer Ship from a current assignment on a “fishing expedition.” Wherever the Destroyer is currently deployed, it is there for a reason, so diverting it elsewhere would leave a void. That made sense to me. 

Literally, moments before I went to bed, I remember hearing someone on TV debunking other news anchors’ theories. I was almost asleep, and I believe it was on Bill O’Reilly, when I heard someone say they confirmed with more than one source at the Pentagon the Destroyer was not doing anything that it was not already scheduled to do prior to the plane’s disappearance. Well, with THIS ADMINISTRATION, I think current U.S. policy in ANY federal agency or department is to lie first, then come up with a really bad cover later, so who knows?? All I know is what my gut tells me, and that is the plane is not under water, and something far more sinister is in play. 

The threat of an EMP blast has been getting more coverage in recent months because of our vulnerability to an attack of that type. The more time that goes by with no closure on the missing MALAYSIA AIRLINES plane, the more there is talk of a potential EMP blast being set up by hostile forces….

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -4.08% Flight 370 stayed in the air for up to four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Former FBI agent Chris Voss joins the News Hub to discuss U.S. investigators’ suspicions that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for four hours after vanishing from civilian air-traffic control radar.

The investigators believe the plane flew for a total of up to five hours, according to these people, based on analysis of signals sent by the Boeing BA -2.04% 777’s satellite-communication link designed to automatically transmit the status of certain onboard systems to the ground.

Throughout the roughly four hours after the jet dropped from civilian radar screens, these people said, the link operated in a kind of standby mode and sought to establish contact with a satellite or satellites. These transmissions did not include data, they said, but the periodic contacts indicate to investigators that the plane was still intact and believed to be flying.

Investigators are still working to fully understand the information, according to one person briefed on the matter. The transmissions, this person said, were comparable to the plane “saying I’m here, I’m ready to send data.”

Investigators are trying to determine, among other things, whether the plane may have landed in an unknown location at some point during the period under scrutiny, these people said.

As authorities scramble to analyze and understand all of the transmissions from the missing 777, the situation continues to change rapidly.

The disclosure that the plane kept transmitting has raised a host of new questions and possibilities about what happened aboard the widebody jet carrying 239 people, which vanished from civilian air-traffic control radar over the weekend, about one hour into a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur.

Six days after the mysterious disappearance prompted a massive international air and water search that so far hasn’t produced any results, the investigation appears to be broadening in scope.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner’s transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

The investigation remains fluid, and it isn’t clear whether investigators have evidence indicating possible terrorism or sabotage. So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven’t ruled it out.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted “with the intention of using it later for another purpose.”

As of Wednesday it remained unclear whether the plane reached an alternate destination or if it ultimately crashed, potentially hundreds of miles from where an international search effort has been focused.

In those scenarios, neither mechanical problems, pilot mistakes nor some other type of catastrophic incident caused the 250-ton plane to mysteriously vanish from radar.

The latest revelations come as local media reported that Malaysian police visited the home of at least one of the two pilots.

A Malaysia Airlines official declined to comment. A Boeing executive who declined to be named would not comment except to say, “We’ve got to stand back from the front line of the information.”


On Thursday, Malaysian aviation officials said the flight could have flown for several hours after its last contact, but they said they had received no data indicating this.

The signals to satellites also are being analyzed to help determine the flight path of the plane after the transponders stopped working. The jet was originally headed for China, and its last verified position was half way across the Gulf of Thailand.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet’s cruising speed.

Corrections & Amplifications

U.S. investigators suspect Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 flew for hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, based on an analysis of signals sent through the plane’s satellite-communication link designed to automatically transmit the status of onboard systems, according to people familiar with the matter. An earlier version of this article and an accompanying graphic incorrectly said investigators based their suspicions on signals from monitoring systems embedded in the plane’s Rolls-Royce PLC engines and described that process.

Read the article at the Wall Street Journal Here:


Follow me @lastgreatstand on Twitter or https://www.facebook.com/LastGreatStand